Postgraduate in Fashion Styling & Advertising
In this postgraduate course, students are provided with a wide overview of the professional fashion styling environment with special importance placed on the areas of the press, catwalks, showrooms, shop windows, photography… as well as image consultancy.
Style and taste often emerge innately but, on other occasions, the support of professionals who can advise us with regards to our personal or brand image is essential.
To become a great styling professional, it is necessary to be aware of the latest trends in design, fabrics and colours. Coordination of styles on the catwalks, as in a showroom or in a photography session assures success.
- To study a designer’s work.
- To observe and look for new trends applying them to the customer’s order.
- To analyze and coordinate styling in accordance with the message we want to give “Visual Impact”
- To know how to prepare a photographic session
- To study commercial and independent fashion magazines, as well as advertising campaigns.
- To analyze the product, the customer and the market.
- To work on styling inside shop windows.
- To study the customer’s silhouette, adapting the colour and using a suitable design.
This Postgraduate consists of 30 ECTS.
MÓDULE I: Styling in Fashion
- What is a designer and what is the function of styling?
- Fashion and styling
- The designer as an Arts Director
- The designer in Fashion Events
MODULE II: Styling in Publicity
- Fashion Photography
- Make-up for fashion publications
- Shop windows
MODULE III: Art Direction
- Art Direction
- Personal Shopper / Coolhunting
- Fashion image consultancy