Postgraduate in Design, Bagmaking and Leather Goods
Whereas before it was inconceivable to ruin a model’s silhouette with a bag on a catwalk, today fashion shows are organized for selling, mainly accessories ( bags, shoes, jewels, glasses…) Accessories have become the economic crux in fashion. They are not mere accessories but elements that define the look and personality beyond a model’s clothes.
Bags and other leather goods hold a very important place in our current dress. The expert and fashion adviser Jean Jacques Picard said, during his visit to Barcelona, that he didn’t quite know why bags drive women crazy so much so that they have to update them constantly until having one for each occasion. This passion has not been ignored by luxury brands that, as well as captivating women with new models each season, are trying to attract men with fashion designs for each style and use.
- To acquire knowledge in order to design and make bags as well as small leather goods without needing to use important technological infrastructures.
- To know how to use different materials.
- To use the correct methodology, in each case, through patterns.
The Postgraduate consists of 30 ECTS.
MODULE I: Bags and leather goods design
- Creative design
- Technical design
- Digital technology
- Drawing artistic techniques
MODULE II: Making Bags and Leather goods
- Pattern and prototype assembly