Fashion Communication Strategies and Social Media
This course analyses the most effective and most used channels of communication within the Fashion industry. The study of techniques such as packaging, publicity, the organisation of events, relations with the press, merchandising or sponsorship, provide the student with a general knowledge of all the communication strategies that can be applied within a company.
It is aimed at students, graduates, professionals from the fashion world and other areas, who would like to join a company within the Textile sector, specifically in Communication, Publicity, and Public Relations.
- To approach the most effective forms of communication in order to promote products within the Fashion Sector.
- To study in depth the key elements in order to select the strategy that best suits the needs of a company or fashion designer.
- To test a practice communication plan.
- To establish the criteria for the communication budget and its profitability in terms of the inversion.
- To be aware of the outlook and collaboration possibilities between the advertiser and the agency or creative study.
- To choose the most efficient way of introduction to the market and market continuity.
Fashion communication within sectors and sub-sectors.
Basic characteristics of the diverse forms of corporate communication.
How the publicity world works.
Creativity in publicity and communication media.
General criteria for evaluating the media.
The parameters of media evaluation.
Agency and advertiser: two different visions of fashion communication.
Communicating a point of view.
Organising a sales promotion. Consequences of organising a promotion.
Budgeting for publicity.
Basic terminology and concepts and realities of the production processes in fashion communication.
Agencies and communication offices in fashion.
Global policy of communication.
Notes, announcements, press conferences, press dossiers.
Stategic plan for fashion communication.