Fashion Journalism: Communication and Social Networking
Fashion is a particular system, it is a business involving hundreds of thousands of jobs and moving exorbitant amounts of money per year. At every link in the chain, requires qualified personnel, and fashion journalist is not an exception.
This course will display the current release mechanisms in order to offer students an education that will make these available within everything that moves around the process of creating a collection, communication and gateways, and to help improve the quality of information in the media on issues related to fashion.
Students will be trained to write news about fashion and this implies: report from the shows, do interviews, coordinates shooting, select the pictures to publish and often perform styling on photo shoots.
- Give specific training professionals in the fashion industry, who wish to start or recycled in this way
- Formalize and establish the most common genres in fashion magazines and trends
- Display the mechanisms of current fashion press
- Fluency when writing a text about fashion, style and language appropriate
- Dealing with interviews, writing property and knowledge fashion news
- Mastering Social Media tools on all platforms (blogs, twitter, facebook, Pinterest…) and apply the new Journalism and Fashion Communication
Module I: Introduction to fashion editorial
- Introduction and brief history of fashion journalism
- Typology of media. Journals. Fashion Magazines: female, trends, fashion television, fashion in newspapers, Internet, etc.
- Genres of fashion journalism, modeling and analysis: a chronicle, critique specialized reportage, interview
- Figure of the fashion editor
- The fashion journalism today. The future of the fashion press
- Fashion and communication strategies
- The relationship of the brand with the media
- Appropriate forms of communication for a brand
- Fashion Advertising
- The fashion editorial: visual language of fashion
Module II: Communication Fashion
Module III: Social Network in Fashion
- A new generation, a new language
- Building and managing a blog
- Egoblogs vs. specialized blogs
- Monetize your blog
- Social networks and their use in Fashion
Developing different projects to acquire practical and written fluency.
Case study, by a Fashion Editor.
Development and management of a personal blog publishing project, with its own identity and sustainability model.